- The foundation of our practice is a thorough general eye examination. We always start with a history of what concerns (if any) bring you into our office. Dr. Slamovich and Chan determine what prescription will make you see well for your specific needs. Your binocular vision (how effectively do you use your eye together) is also taken into account. We measure the pressure inside the eyes, do a computerized visual fields test and often dilate the pupils (to better observe the internal structures of your eye) to assess glaucoma, cataracts and macular degeneration.
- The information garnered from the exam is a starting point to determine what options there are to best correct your vision. We take the time to discuss what option might address your visual needs. Instruments like our topographer to map out in detail the shape of the cornea as well as pachometery to measure corneal thickness provide data to aid the evaluation.
- Both doctors are skilled in specialty contact lenses for dry eyes, prebyopia and vision correction through corneal remolding technology (CRT)*. Bifocal contact lenses, single use lenses for occasional wear, even lenses that have UV protection and a dark tint (that acts as a sunglass) are a few of the choices we can draw from.
- If you are interested in surgically correcting your vision, the doctors will help determine if you are a candidate discussing the risk, benefits and long range implications. They perform the pre and post operative care, working with highly skilled surgical specialists.
"Rochelle is awesome. I have never been to an optometrist who made me feel so comfortable. The exam was quick and painless. She was even better at helping me pick out an awesomely sexy pair of glasses. I was recommended to her by a friend and have recommended her to a friend as well."
— Cassy R., Yelp Review
- We carry diverse and fun frame lines and can custom order colors, styles and sizes on approval (see eyewear). Cara and our doctors will select frames that will suit your prescription, individual style and be comfortable to wear. We do fill ‘outside’ prescriptions as well as provide AO safety glasses.
- *CRT is a non-surgical option to reduce myopia (nearsightedness) by wearing a rigid gas permeable lens that flattens the cornea (much like LASIK does) while you sleep. For more detailed information, look up www.paragoncrt.com and email our office to see if you are a candidate.
- Insurance Plans:
- We are VSP (Vision Service Plan) providers. To find out if you are covered under your employer (or through your partner or spouse), you can call our office or you can check at www.VSP.com.
- Generally for plans other than VSP, you would pay us directly and we will fill out your paperwork for you so that you can be reimbursed.
- We accept as payment cash, checks, ATM, VISA, Mastercard and American Express.
© 2009 – 2011 Rochelle Slamovich | SF Eye Site